Friday, February 6, 2009

These cupcakes were awesome! I found a recipe for a chocolate cherry cake. Different then any chocolate cherry cake I've ever had, but it was awesome. My mom makes a delicious chocolate cherry cake with cherry pie filling and cake mix, super dense, fudgy and rich but awesome!

This is a chocolate cake with a cherry frosting. The frosting was light and fluffy and a little tangy which paired well with a very chocolatey cake.

Cherry Frosting

8 oz Sour Cream
1 C Whipping Cream
1 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
2 T Maraschino Cherry Juice

Whip all ingredients together until stiff peaks form. Frost cupcakes or a double layer chocolate cake of your choice. This generously frosted almost 2 dozen cupcakes. For a cake I would multiply it by 1.5 just to ensure that you have enough frosting. I preferred the frosting the next day as it stiffened up just a bit more.

No comments: